How can LegalEye® improve your legal performance?
Our clients include corporations and law firms. Our corporate and carrier clients have revenues ranging from a few hundred million to tens of billions of dollars. While they all vary by size and industry, each come to us with a common need: To improve the business performance of the legal function. Learn more about why clients choose LegalEye® for better legal spend predictability. Here are a few examples of recent engagements:
Claims Portfolio Performance Evaluation and AFA Advisory
- Project Scope and LegalEye’s® role: Centralized, standardized and analyzed tens of thousands of outside counsel charges in order to evaluate the docket, financial and operational performance for a multi-billion-dollar self-insured; reported on key segments and dimensions, including matter type, management approach, outside attorney staffing mix, experience and other factors, and combinations thereof; applied patent pending and proprietary metrics; held weekly conference calls to discuss findings and developed solutions for increasing the predictability of legal spend
- Results: Effective alternative fee arrangements with appropriate panel counsel incentives for certain tranches of the client’s matter portfolio; other actions taken to improve portfolio performance
Law Department Benchmarking
- Project scope and LegalEye’s® role: Benchmarked a law department against its industry and delivered structural and staffing recommendations to support the client’s growth
- Results: Delivered a roadmap for general counsel and staff for realigning current roles and responsibilities; provided benchmarks for aspirational company size in the client’s industry, including legal staffing, skills, compliance roles and other key metrics
Outside Counsel Billing Guidelines
- Project scope and LegalEye’s® role: Worked with in-house counsel to develop and implement outside counsel billing guidelines and streamline the billing review and adjustment process;
- Results: Increased legal cost predictability and control
Legal Program Management
- Project scope and LegalEye’s® role: Designed, developed and implemented a litigation management system and underlying processes to better align matter objectives, strategies and financial constraints
- Results: Legal Spend Management System: A solution that combined executive-level reporting with actionable management reports; robust budget vs. actual data visualization; and invoice auditing functions that delivered exception reports; Winner of President’s Team Award for Performance Excellence.
Law Firm Billing Guideline Compliance for Improved Realization
Project scope and LegalEye’s® role: Advised a major insurance defense firm with respect to a low-realization client: Analyzed client adjustments to legal bills; classified adjustments as either firm-side or client-side and identified patterns
Results: Issued report containing data-driven recommendations to have constructive conversations with clients with respect to vague or inconsistently enforced guidelines, for improved future realization.